- Get Notepad Free
- Don Ho Notepad++
- Don Ho Notepad Archives Free
- Notepad ++ Wikipedia
- Don Ho Notepad Archives Online
- 1. What is notepad++.exe?
- 2. Is notepad++.exe safe, or is it a virus or malware?
- 3. Can I remove or delete notepad++.exe?
- 4. Common notepad++.exe error messages
- 5. How to fix notepad++.exe
- 6. November 2021 Update
- 7. Download or reinstall notepad++.exe
Jun 28, 2020 Hello @don-ho and All. Sorry for my late answer. I was very busy finishing my 5 posts about the regex backtraking control verbs! Many thanks for the new release and, especially, for points 1, 3, 7, 9, 11 and 12. Answer (1 of 2): A notepad is a simple text editor tool that comes with windows by default. It is one tool that is used by every individual to write or edit text files. Texas 10 Most Wanted Captured Fugitives and Sex Offenders. The following individuals have been captured by federal, state, and/or local agencies throughout the state of Texas and, in some cases, in other states or countries. Many of them have been captured as the result of a tip. Works under: Windows 8. Program available in English. Program by Don HO. Notepad , also known as Notepad Plus, is an alternative to WordPad and other types of software that let you record notes on your computer. Back in 2003, software engineer Don Ho wasn’t satisfied with the source code editor he was using for work and decided to take on the challenge of crafting something better. Notepad has since.
What is notepad++.exe?
notepad++.exe is an executable file that is part of the Notepad++ program developed by Don Ho. The software is usually about 11.9 MB in size.
The .exe extension of a file name displays an executable file. In some cases, executable files can damage your computer. Please read the following to decide for yourself whether the notepad++.exe file on your computer is a virus or trojan horse that you should delete, or whether it is a valid Windows operating system file or a reliable application.
Recommended: Identify notepad++.exe related errors
Is notepad++.exe safe, or is it a virus or malware?
The first thing that will help you determine if a particular file is a legitimate Windows process or a virus, is the location of the executable itself. For example, a process like notepad++.exe should run from C:programsnotepad++notepad++.exe and not elsewhere.
To confirm, open the Task Manager, go to View -> Select Columns and select 'Image Path Name' to add a location column to your Task Manager. If you find a suspicious directory here, it may be a good idea to investigate this process further.
Another tool that can sometimes help you detect bad processes is Microsoft's Process Explorer. Start the program (it does not require installation) and activate 'Check Legends' under Options. Now go to View -> Select Columns and add 'Verified Signer' as one of the columns.
If the 'Verified Signer' status of a process is listed as 'Unable to Verify', you should take a moment look at the process. Not all good Windows processes have a Verified Signature label, but neither do any of the bad ones.
The most important facts about notepad++.exe:
- Located in C:programsnotepad++ subfolder;
- Publisher: Don Ho
- Full Path: C:programsnotepad++notepad++.exe
- Help file:
- Publisher URL: notepad-plus-plus.org
- Known to be up to 11.9 MB in size on most Windows;
If you had any difficulties with this executable, you should determine if it's trustworthy before deleting notepad++.exe. To do this, find this process in Task Manager.
Find its location (it should be in C:programsnotepad++) and compare the size etc with the above facts.
If you suspect that you may be infected with a virus, then you must attempt to fix it immediately. To delete the notepad++.exe virus, you should download and install a full security application like Malwarebytes. Note that not all tools can detect every type of malware, so you may need to try several options before you're successful.
In addition, the functionality of the virus may itself affect the deletion of notepad++.exe. In this case, you must enable Safe Mode with Networking - a secure environment that disables most processes and loads only the most required services and drivers. When there, you can run a security program and a complete system analysis.
Can I remove or delete notepad++.exe?
You should not delete a safe executable file without a valid reason, as this may affect the performance of any associated programs that use that file. Be sure to keep your software and programs up to date to avoid future problems caused by corrupted files. With regard to software functionality issues, check driver and software updates more often, so there is little or no risk of such problems occurring.
According to various sources online, 9% of people remove this file, so it may be harmless, but it is recommended that you check the trustworthiness of this executable yourself to determine if it is safe or a virus. The best diagnosis for these suspicious files is a complete system analysis with Reimage. If the file is classified as malicious, these applications will also delete notepad++.exe and get rid of the associated malware.
However, if it is not a virus and you need to delete notepad++.exe, then you can uninstall Notepad++ from your computer using its uninstaller, which should be located at: C:Program FilesNotepad++uninstall.exe. If you cannot find it's uninstaller, then you may need to uninstall Notepad++ to completely delete notepad++.exe. You can use the Add/Remove Program function in the Windows Control Panel.
- 1. In the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then under Programs:
o Windows Vista/7/8.1/10: Click Uninstall a Program.
o Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- 2. When you find the program Notepad++, click it, and then:
o Windows Vista/7/8.1/10: Click Uninstall.
o Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
- 3. Follow the prompts to remove Notepad++.
Common notepad++.exe error messages
The most common notepad++.exe errors that can appear are:
• 'notepad++.exe Application Error.'
• 'notepad++.exe failed.'
• 'notepad++.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'
• 'notepad++.exe is not a valid Win32 application.'
• 'notepad++.exe is not running.'
• 'notepad++.exe not found.'
• 'Cannot find notepad++.exe.'
• 'Error starting program: notepad++.exe.'
• 'Faulting Application Path: notepad++.exe.'
These .exe error messages can occur during the installation of a program, during the execution of it's associate software program, Notepad++, during the startup or shutdown of Windows, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping a record of when and where your notepad++.exe error occurs is important information when it comes to troubleshooting.
How to fix notepad++.exe
A clean and tidy computer is one of the best ways to avoid problems with Notepad++. This means performing malware scans, cleaning your hard disk with cleanmgr and sfc /scannow, uninstalling programs you no longer need, monitoring any auto-start programs (with msconfig), and enabling automatic Windows updates. Don't forget to always make regular backups or at least define recovery points.
Get Notepad Free
If you have a bigger problem, try to remember the last thing you did or the last thing you installed before the problem. Use the resmon command to identify the processes that are causing your problem. Even in case of serious problems, instead of reinstalling Windows, you should try to repair your installation or, in the case of Windows 8, by executing the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. This allows you to repair the operating system without data loss.
To help you analyze the notepad++.exe process on your computer, you may find the following programs useful: Security Task Manager displays all Windows tasks running, including built-in hidden processes such as keyboard and browser monitoring or auto-start entries. A single security risk rating indicates the probability that it is spyware, malware or a potential Trojan horse. This anti-virus detects and removes spyware, adware, Trojans, keyloggers, malware and trackers from your hard disk.
Updated November 2021:
We recommend you try out this new software that fixes computer errors, protects them from malware and optimizes your PC for performance. This new tool fixes a wide range of computer errors, protects against things like file loss, malware and hardware failures.
Don Ho Notepad++
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Don Ho Notepad Archives Free
Download or reinstall notepad++.exe
It is not recommended to download replacement exe files from any download sites, as these may themselves contain viruses etc. If you need to download or reinstall notepad++.exe, then we recommend that you reinstall the main application associated with it Notepad++.
Operating system information
notepad++.exe errors can occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
Other files in Notepad++:
Other software titles by Don Ho:
Release Date: 2016-09-21
Download 32-bit x86
Notepad ++ Wikipedia
Download 64-bit x64
Download source code
Don Ho Notepad Archives Online
Notepad++ v7 enhancements & bug-fixes:
- x64 build available.
- Fix the DLL Hijacking Vulnerability of previous versions (by updating NSIS to v3.0).
- Auto-updater improvement: periodical check can be disable via auto-update prompt dialog.
- Installer enhancement: Check if Notepad++ is running and ask the user to close it before continue.
- Enhancement: add conflict detection to Shortcut Mapper.
- Fix auto-completion on XML commentand <?xml> tag bug.
- Fix file saving crash which can be reproduced through a specific way to save file.
- Fix a crash issue while UDL’s user keyword list is too long.
- Fix HDPI issues for some components (task list, margins and shortcut mapper).
- Add a new feature(optional) : Close the last document will quit Notepad++.
- Add more Change Case variants (Title Case, Sentence case, iVERT cASE, rANdOm caSe).
- Add Open file & open containing folder commands on selected file/folder name in text content.
- Add Search on Internet command on selected word(s) in text content.
- Add Scroll Tab Bar with mouse wheel capacity.
- Add commands for moving the current file tab Forward/Backward.
- Fix bug of monitoring not working for files under root.
- Ruby is supported by Function List.
- Added new option: Enable scrolling beyond last line.
- Add an option to restore old behaviour (open files in folder) while folder being dropped.